ReScape Qualified Raters serve as professionals who verify that the design and construction of a new or renovated landscape meets the requirements of the ReScape Landscape Scorecard. They have met professional eligibility requirements and completed both the ReScape Professional Qualification Training as well as the Rater Training course.
To obtain the ReScape Rated designation for your landscape project, you must have a ReScape Rater. The Rater is responsible for ensuring compliance with all the steps of the rating process.
- Informing the project team’s decision on which ReScape points to achieve
- Instructing the project team on required documentation
- Verifying each completed ReScape practice
- Submitting the Initial and Final Applications to ReScape California
- Maintaining records of the rating process
To find a Rater, visit our Directory of ReScape Qualified Professionals.
Rater Training Course and Eligibility
The first ever ReScape (previously named “Bay Friendly”) Rater Training was offered by StopWaste in 2011. More than 30 Raters and Advisors graduated from the training course. The second ReScape Rater Training was held in May 2017. If you would like to attend a future Rater Training, email email@example.com.
To become a ReScape Qualified Rater for civic, commercial and multifamily landscapes, you will be required to:
- Complete the ReScape Rater Training for Civic, Commercial & Multi-Family Landscapes by attending all classes and passing a final exam
- Hold current and in good standing Qualification as a ReScape Landscape Professional
- Submit documentation of one or more of the following current licenses, degrees, certifications or experience:
- Landscape architecture, engineering or architecture degree or certification
- Landscape contractor license
- Build It Green’s Green Point Rater
- Public agency experience in planning, design, construction or management of landscapes
- Others subject to approval
- Submit a written statement confirming you have at least 2 years of experience preparing or reviewing landscape construction documents including technical specifications or 2 years experience with contract administration (CA) or construction observation (CO)
- Sign the ReScape Code of Rater Conduct and Logo Use Agreements
Raters: If you need the Project Application, which includes the Project Data form, Water Calculator, Scorecard, etc., or any addition resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.