The Winton Avenue Landscape Median project is an attractive renovation landscape mixing existing Crape Myrtles with California Live Oak and drought tolerant and native flowering shrubs and grasses. The stone mulch is an attractive white and golden tan color that complements the plantings. The Bay Friendly Signage is located along the sidewalk near the corner commercial area, and is accessible to many pedestrians.
Winton Avenue Median Landscape
Winton Ave - Southland Dr to Southland PL, Hayward CA
City of Hayward
Bay Friendly Rater
12,870 sq ft
Grounds Open To Public?
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape Score
Bay-Friendly Landscape Highlights
- Large Native shrubs such as Ceanothus 'Dark Star' & new Quercus agrifolia
- Sheet mulching used for weed control
- 83.5% of shrubs are CA native
- BFL educational signage installed
- Saves 151,858 gallons of water per year and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by up to 25.96 tons of C02E over the life of the project