Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology is the first college campus to achieve LEED platinum certification.
Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology
39399 Cherry St, Newark, CA
Ohlone Community College District
Bay Friendly Rater
Grounds Open To Public?
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape Score
Bay-Friendly Landscape Highlights
- 100% of average annual runoff is treated in bioswales, stormwater garden and detention basin/seasonal wetland
- Onsite compost bins serve as an educational opportunity for students on campus.
- Valuable trees, shrubs and sensitive habitat were protected with fencing during construction.
- 20% of installed plants are listed by Cornflower Farms as attracting beneficial insects.
- Educational signage was installed to describe the property’s Bay-Friendly Landscape features.