The project reconstructed Hacienda Avenue from Winchester Boulevard to Burrows Road and addressed existing concerns regarding pavement condition, missing sidewalks, improper drainage, as well as pedestrian and traffic safety in a manner that incorporates green street elements and sustainable design concepts.
Hacienda Avenue Improvements
Hacienda Avenue b/t Burrows Rd & Winchester Blvd, Campbell CA
City of Campbell, Public Works Department
Bay Friendly Rater
366,500 sq ft
Grounds Open To Public?
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape Score
Bay-Friendly Landscape Highlights
- Installation of linear vegetated bioswales along each side of the roadway that will capture and percolate stormwater runoff
- 82% of the plants are California natives.
- The narrowing of the street and addition of vegetated areas and trees will result in a reduction of the heat island effect.
- High efficiency LED lighting
- Save 814,215 gallons of water per year and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by between 46 - 120 tons of CO2e over the life of the project