Cryer Site Park is an 0.8-acre park along the Oakland Estuary that enhances the Bay Trail connection through the site, creates waterfront access, and restores a former brownfield site that was once home to an industrial boat builder as a public park.
Cryer Site Park
1899 Dennison, Oakland CA
City of Oakland, Public Works Agency
Bay Friendly Rater
33,008 sq ft
Grounds Open To Public?
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape Score
Bay-Friendly Landscape Highlights
- A custom, undulating guardrail utilizing recycled steel
- 80% California native plants on site
- Low-maintenance no-mow turf instead of standard turf grass for the multi-use meadow
- Over 50% light-colored paving reduces the urban heat island effect
- sheet mulch instead of pre-emergent herbicides to control weed growth.