“A natural and social environment upon which our neighborhoods and economies depend”. The entry landscape will make an important statement about the environmental sensitivity of the College and signify and move away from traditional resource-intensive landscape designs.
College of Alameda Campus Entry
555 Ralph Appezzato Meml Parkway, Alameda CA
Peralta Community College District
Landscape Architecture Team
Gates + Associates
91,470 sq ft
Grounds Open To Public?
ReScape Rated Landscape Score
ReScape Landscape Highlights
- Landscape captures and fileters 85% of stormwater before it flows to the Bay
- Only fertilizers approved by the Organic Materials Reserch Institute were utilized.
- Sheet mulching was utilized to remove XXsf of lawn and supresses weed growth on site.
- 88% of non-turf plants are low water using.
- Turf was replaced with lower water using no mow alternative
- 96% native plants