UC ANR Sacramento Urban Agriculture Workshop Series – Legal Basics of Urban Farming
Yolo Brewing Company
1520 Terminal Street
West Sacramento, CA 95691
UC Agriculture & Natural Resources and UC Cooperative Extension in partnership with the Sacramento Food Policy Council presents:
2018 UC ANR Sacramento Area Urban Agriculture Workshop Series – Legal Basics of Urban Farming
Are you an urban farmer navigating the rules and regulations related to growing and selling food? A gardener who is thinking of selling some of your produce? A school or non-profit organization involved in farming? This special one-day workshop on Friday, April 6, 2018 from 9 am to 4 pm, will help position you for success. Participants will:
- Explore the challenges and opportunities of urban agriculture with experienced Sacramento-area farmers.
- Learn about Sacramento’s Urban Agriculture zoning laws.
- Find out what permits and licenses urban farmers need to sell produce, eggs, and other products.
- Learn about important designations including Certified Organic, Cottage Food Producer, and more.
- Meet staff from local agencies that are key resources for local farmers, including the Agricultural Commissioner’s Office, the Department of Public Health and UCCE
- Get a preview of what’s on the horizon for urban farmers. Find out what’s happening with policy in the local urban agriculture movement, and how to get involved.
The cost is $20, which includes a resource packet, refreshments, and lunch. Pre-registration is required.
Register now at http://ucanr.edu/sacurbanag2018
This is the second in a series of four Sacramento/Davis region workshops that will be held on 3/16, 4/6, 4/14, and 5/4, covering additional urban agriculture topics.