ReScape Maintenance Qualification Training
Campbell Community Center
1 W. Campbell Ave.
Campbell, CA 95008
Location: Campbell Community Center
1 W. Campbell Ave., Campbell, CA 95008
Classroom Sessions: 9 am – 4:30 pm
Monday, June 10, 2019 | Thursday, June 13, 2019 | Monday, June 17, 2019
Practicum Field Day: 9 am – 1 pm
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Give yourself a competitive edge by being a part of ReScape’s dynamic approach to maintaining and managing healthy landscapes. This four-session training program is taught by leading experts in stormwater management, soil health, irrigation, plant care, integrated pest management, and more!
ReScape California is a non-profit organization that educates and advocates for a sustainable approach to landscaping that works in harmony with our natural world and encourages behavior changes that lessen the impact of conventional landscape practices on the local environment.
ReScape’s landscaping practices are based on 8 regenerative principles which foster soil health, sequester carbon, conserve water and protect valuable resources while reducing waste and preventing pollution in our communities and watersheds. The 8 regenerative landscaping principles are expressed in local ReScape policies and ordinances in Alameda County, and the Cities of San Francisco, Campbell, and San Jose.
Previously known as our “ReScape” Landscape Maintenance Training and Qualification Program, ReScape California is introducing a refreshed training design for our “ReScape” Landscape Maintenance Qualification Training (MQT), that addresses climate change issues and offers the most up to date science-based information on today’s most crucial landscape topics – firescaping, soil health, stormwater management techniques, carbon sequestration, Model Water Efficient Ordinance compliance, and more.
To become a ReScape Qualified Professional, program participants must attend all four classes, complete and pass the final exam, and complete the final practicum. CEUS available – more details coming soon.
The course provides landscape maintenance professionals with:
- An understanding of ReScape’s ecologically based, comprehensive approach to the management of public and private landscapes
- Knowledge of the effects of landscape maintenance practices on the health of our communities, watersheds and the San Francisco Bay
- Knowledge of habitat restoration, local plant communities and the benefits to bio-diversity
- Hands-on experience with practical, effective techniques such as sheet mulching to transform lawns into 8 Principles landscapes
- An understanding of the global connections between soil health, waste management, water conservation, air and water quality, greenhouse gas reductions, urban forestry and carbon sequestration
- A competitive advantage in the professional landscape maintenance marketplace
Please read the ReScape California Training & Qualification Program Policies prior to registering for the course.
If you cannot make this training, but want to be notified for the next training, fill out this survey.
Please share the June 2019 MQT training flyer with your networks!
StopWaste is generously offering scholarships to employees of member agencies in Alameda County, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Email email@example.com with any questions!