Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Program for Landscape Maintenance – Oakland 2019
Jack London Aquatics Center
Oakland, CA 94607
January 8, 2019, 8:00AM - 3:00PM
January 15, 2019, 8:00AM - 3:00PM
January 22, 2019, 8:00AM - 3:00PM
January 29, 2019, 8:00AM - 3:00PM
REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!
Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Program for Landscape Maintenance
Oakland, CA 2018
Give yourself a competitive edge by being a part of Bay-Friendly’s dynamic approach to maintaining and managing healthy landscapes. This four-session training program is taught by leading experts in stormwater management, soil health, irrigation, plant care, integrated pest management, and more!
Classes meet the following dates and times in Oakland (times subject to change slightly):
Jack London Aquatics Center
115 Embarcadero, Oakland, CA 94607
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
To become Bay-Friendly Qualified, program participants must attend all four classes, complete and pass the take-home exam and complete the final practicum.
Discounts are available for employees of StopWaste’s member agencies. To obtain a scholarship application through StopWaste, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to submit your application and complete registration as early as possible to secure your discount as space is limited.
**DPR CEUs (QAC & QAL) pending
**ISA CEUs pending
**QWEL CEUs approved
The course provides landscape maintenance professionals with:
- An understanding of ReScape’s ecologically based, comprehensive approach to the management of public and private landscapes
- Knowledge of the effects of landscape maintenance practices on the health of our communities, watersheds and the San Francisco Bay
- Knowledge of habitat restoration, local plant communities and the benefits to bio-diversity
- Hands-on experience with practical, effective techniques such as sheet mulching to transform lawns into Bay-Friendly landscapes
- Techniques for water conservation, reducing runoff and maintaining stormwater systems in the landscape
- Techniques for controlling pests and weeds with organic and integrated pest management strategies
- An understanding of the global connections between soil health, waste management, water conservation, air and water quality, Green House Gas reductions, urban forestry and carbon sequestration
- A competitive advantage in the professional landscape maintenance marketplace
- A completed prerequisite to participate in the ReScape California Rated Landscapes Program and earn your Rater credential
- A certificate of qualification and patch with the Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professional logo
- Graduates receive a two-year membership in the Bay-Friendly Qualified Professionals network, which includes free listing in the Bay Area-wide directory of Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professionals and use of the Bay-Friendly logo to promote your sustainable landscape expertise
If you have further questions about the course content, please contact us at email@example.com or visit our website.
Please read our Policies and Procedures before registering
PRESENTED BY RESCAPE CALIFORNIA and sponsored by: