Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Program for Landscape Design – Hayward 2018
City Hall Council Chambers
777 B Street
Hayward, CA 94541
Close to BART & FREE parking!
March 13, 2018, 8:00am - 5:00pm
March 14, 2018, 8:00am - 5:00pm
March 15, 2018, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Program for Landscape Design
Hayward, CA 2018
Give yourself a competitive edge by being a part of Bay-Friendly’s dynamic approach to designing healthy, sustainable landscapes! This three-session training program is taught by leading experts in stormwater infrastructure, soil health, irrigation, plant selection and integrated pest management, providing a comprehensive education in environmentally responsible strategies for landscape design, construction and maintenance. This training is intended for landscape architects, designers and contractors working primarily on public, institutional and commercial work.
Classes meet the following dates and times in Hayward (times subject to change slightly):
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018 – 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 – 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Thursday, March 15, 2018 – 8:00am to 5:00pm
To become Bay-Friendly Qualified, program participants must attend all three classes, complete and pass the take-home exam and complete the final practicum.
**APLD CEUs pending
The course provides landscape design professionals with:
- An understanding of Bay-Friendly’s ecologically based, comprehensive approach to the design of landscapes
- Technical information and resources to create Bay-Friendly plans, specifications and details
- Hands-on experience with practical, effective techniques such as sheet mulching to remove turf or control weeds
- Information on Bay-Friendly tools and resources
- A competitive advantage in the professional landscape design marketplace
- A certificate of qualification and patch with the Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professional logo
- Graduates receive a two-year membership in the Bay-Friendly Qualified Professionals network, which includes free listing in the Bay Area-wide directory of Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professionals and use of the Bay-Friendly logo to promote your sustainable landscape designs
If you have further questions about the course content, please contact us at info@ReScapeCA.org or visit our website.
Please read our Policies and Procedures before registering.
PRESENTED BY RESCAPE CALIFORNIA and sponsored by: