Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Program for Landscape Maintenance – Concord 2018
Willow Pass Recreation Center
2748 E Olivera Rd
Concord, CA 94519
February 1, 2018, 8:00am - 3:00pm
February 8, 2018, 8:00am - 3:00pm
February 15, 2018, 8:00am - 3:00pm
February 22, 2018, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Program for Landscape Maintenance
Concord, CA 2018
Give yourself a competitive edge by being a part of Bay-Friendly’s dynamic approach to maintaining and managing healthy landscapes. This four-session training program is taught by leading experts in stormwater management, soil health, irrigation, plant care, integrated pest management, and more!
Classes meet the following dates and times in Concord (times subject to change slightly):
- Thursday, February 1, 2018 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Thursday, February 15, 2018 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Thursday, February 22, 2018 – 8:00am to 3:00pm
To become Bay-Friendly Qualified, program participants must attend all four classes, complete and pass the take-home exam and complete the final practicum.
**3.5 DPR CEUs (QAC & QAL) approved
**13.5 ISA CEUs approved
The course provides landscape maintenance professionals with:
- An understanding of Bay-Friendly’s ecologically based, comprehensive approach to the management of public and private landscapes
- Knowledge of the effects of landscape maintenance practices on the health of our communities, watersheds and the San Francisco Bay
- Knowledge of habitat restoration, local plant communities and the benefits to bio-diversity
- Hands-on experience with practical, effective techniques such as sheet mulching to transform lawns into Bay-Friendly landscapes
- An understanding of the global connections between soil health, waste management, water conservation, air and water quality, Green House Gas reductions, urban forestry and carbon sequestration
- A competitive advantage in the professional landscape maintenance marketplace
- A certificate of qualification and patch with the Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professional logo
- Graduates receive a two-year membership in the Bay-Friendly Qualified Professionals network, which includes free listing in the Bay Area-wide directory of Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professionals and use of the Bay-Friendly logo to promote your sustainable landscape expertise
If you have further questions about the course content, please contact us at info@ReScapeCA.org or visit our website.
Please read our Policies and Procedures before registering.
PRESENTED BY RESCAPE CALIFORNIA and sponsored by: