Advanced Professional Seminar – MWELO Compliance
Howe Community Center
2201 Cottage Way
Sacramento, CA 95825
November 15, 2018, 9:00AM - 12:30PM
ReScape California – Sacramento
presents an Advanced Professional Seminar:
Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance Compliance
1/2 Day Workshop for Landscape Professionals – Lecture, Group Activities + Q&A
$45 for members & $55 for general tickets
Calling all Landscape Architects, Designers, Contractors, Plan Checkers, DIY Landscapers and Garden Geeks who can all benefit from the skills and insights on MWELO Compliance.
- What is MWELO? What are MAWA and ETWU?
- What does WUCOLS have to do with it? Or CIMIS?
- What is ETo and how does it compare to your local climate?
- Does it matter? Do you design with Plant Factors in mind?
- Do you have a checklist to make sure you got it right?
The current Landscape Irrigation Ordinance is being enforced more and more! Changes made in 2015 are much more restrictive -but holistic and make sense. Still, few have a good handle on strategic workflows and appreciate the law.
- Learn the basics and some details regarding why this ordinance is so cool.
- Get clear on how to implement the ordinance and some tricks to doing it efficiently.
- Understand the intricate balance of soil, plants, irrigation components, and other elements that make the current MWELO so comprehensive.
- Take your understanding of the ordinance to the next level and enjoy the process.
Why? The holistic watershed approach can only help our landscapes.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available:
Taught by: Dave Phelps – Dave holds two degrees from Cal Poly and has 35 years of landscape experience as a landscape technician, contractor, architect, arborist, water manager, master gardener, Bay-Friendly Rater, and as an avid horticulturalist.
Sponsored by: Sacramento Stormwater Quality Partnership (SSQP)