Bay-Friendly Workshop: Rebuilding the Soil
City of Santa Rosa - Utilities Operations Facility
35 Stony Point Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
June 20, 2018, 9:00AM - 2:00PM
Bay-Friendly One-Day Workshop:
REBUILDING THE SOIL
Presented by ReScape CA
Sponsored by The City of Santa Rosa
What impact does fire have on the soil? We know that soil health is a fundamental element in Bay-Friendly landscaping. As we rebuild, we will need to consider the effects of fire on this key component, and how we can best build and nurture healthy soils to support landscape resilience!
Join us for this one-day workshop to strengthen your knowledge of soil properties and learn why careful attention to soil building will be one of the most immediate and effective actions we can take to firescape.
- Soil properties
- The role of compost in healthy landscapes
- Deciding between different compost and mulches for your specifications
- Hydrophobic soils and ways to approach them
- Are there benefits of fire?
- Specifications for the care and restoration of fire affected landscapes
Will Bakx, Soil Scientist/Owner, Sonoma Compost Company
Dave Phelps, Landscape Architect & Horticulture Consultant, Garden Enlightenment
3.5 Bay-Friendly CEU’s available for this Workshop