Based on ReScape’s 8 Principles, this training provides landscape design professionals with practical tools for designing and constructing healthy landscapes that protect local watersheds, conserve resources and address our changing climate. Participants will learn about regenerative landscape practices from leading experts in soil health, stormwater, plant selection, integrated pest management, and more. The Design Qualification Training also provides in-depth information about our Rated Landscape Program and serves as a pre-requisite for becoming a ReScape Rater.
BENEFITS OF DESIGN QUALIFICATION TRAINING
The Design Qualification Training is offered as a 3-day course and provides design professionals with:
- Understanding of ReScape’s ecologically based, whole systems approach to the design and construction of public and private landscapes
- Technical information for meeting local and state landscape ordinances and policies
- Information about habitat restoration, local plant communities, and the benefits of biodiversity
- Interactive experiences with practical, effective techniques such as sheet mulching, building living soil, and irrigation installation
- Recognition of the global connections between soil health, waste management, water conservation, air and water quality, greenhouse gas reduction, urban forestry, and carbon sequestration
- Competitive advantage as a qualified professional in the landscape design marketplace
- Prerequisite to apply to be a ReScape Qualified Rater
Download the course overview
Cost: 2019-2020 tuition to be announced when calendar is posted.
Contact us if you would like to learn more about sponsoring or hosting a training.