Bay-Friendly Qualified Raters serve as professionals who verify that the design and construction of a new or renovated landscape meets the requirements of the Bay-Friendly Landscape Scorecard. They have met professional eligibility requirements and completed both the Bay-Friendly Professional Training & Qualification course as well as the Rater Training course.
To obtain the Bay-Friendly Rated designation for your landscape project, you must have a Bay-Friendly Rater. The Rater is responsible for ensuring compliance with all the steps of the rating process.
- Informing the project team’s decision on which Bay-Friendly points to achieve
- Instructing the project team on required documentation
- Verifying each completed Bay-Friendly practice
- Submitting the application and documentation to ReScape California
- Maintaining records of the rating process
To find a Rater, visit our Directory of Bay-Friendly Qualified Professionals.
Rater Training Course and Eligibility
The first ever Bay-Friendly Rater Training was offered by StopWaste in 2011. More than 30 Raters and Advisors graduated from the training course. The next Bay-Friendly Rater Training will be held in 2017.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR the 2017 Bay-Friendly Rater Training!
This 2-day advanced training will provide an overview of the Bay-Friendly Rating System, updates to the new Scorecard and will detail how you as a Rater can help ensure that landscape projects meet the minimum requirements of the Bay-Friendly Landscape Scorecard. Learn more >
To become a Bay-Friendly Qualified Rater for civic, commercial and multifamily landscapes, you will be required to:
- Complete the Bay-Friendly Rater Training for Civic, Commercial & Multi-Family Landscapes by attending all classes and passing a final exam
- Hold current and in good standing Qualification as a Bay-Friendly Landscape Professional
- Submit documentation of one or more of the following current licenses, degrees, certifications or experience:
- Landscape architecture, engineering or architecture degree or certification
- Landscape contractor license
- Build It Green’s Green Point Rater
- Public agency experience in planning, design, construction or management of landscapes
- Others subject to approval
- Submit a written statement confirming you have at least 2 years of experience preparing or reviewing landscape construction documents including technical specifications or 2 years experience with contract administration (CA) or construction observation (CO)
- Sign the Bay-Friendly Code of Rater Conduct and Logo Use Agreements
Raters: If you need the Project Application, which includes the Project Data form, Water Calculator, Scorecard, etc., please email email@example.com.