Bay-Friendly Qualified Raters serve as professionals who verify that the design and construction of a new or renovated landscape meets the requirements of the Bay-Friendly Landscape Scorecard. They have met professional eligibility requirements and completed both the Bay-Friendly Professional Training & Qualification course as well as the Rater Training course.
To obtain the Bay-Friendly Rated designation for your landscape project, you must have a Bay-Friendly Rater. The Rater is responsible for ensuring compliance with all the steps of the rating process.
- Informing the project team’s decision on which Bay-Friendly points to achieve
- Instructing the project team on required documentation
- Verifying each completed Bay-Friendly practice
- Submitting the application and documentation to ReScape California
- Maintaining records of the rating process
To find a Rater, visit our Directory of Bay-Friendly Qualified Professionals.
Rater Training Course and Eligibility
The first ever Bay-Friendly Rater Training was offered by StopWaste in 2011. More than 30 Raters and Advisors graduated from the training course. Additional trainings are being scheduled and more information will become available soon.
To become a Bay-Friendly Qualified Rater for civic, commercial and multifamily landscapes, you will be required to:
- Complete the Bay-Friendly Rater Training for Civic, Commercial & Multi-Family Landscapes by attending all classes and passing a final exam
- Hold current and in good standing Qualification as a Bay-Friendly Landscape Professional
- Submit documentation of one or more of the following current licenses, degrees, certifications or experience:
- Landscape architecture, engineering or architecture degree or certification
- Landscape contractor license
- Build It Green’s Green Point Rater
- Public agency experience in planning, design, construction or management of landscapes
- Others subject to approval
- Submit a written statement confirming you have at least 2 years of experience preparing or reviewing landscape construction documents including technical specifications or 2 years experience with contract administration (CA) or construction observation (CO)
- Sign the Bay-Friendly Code of Rater Conduct and Logo Use Agreements
Raters: If you need the Project Application, which includes the Project Data form, Water Calculator, Scorecard, etc., please email email@example.com.