Shasta Hills Fire Station is a new construction project of a LEED certified building with a Bay-Friendly landscape. It is the first project in Berkeley to be LEED certified & Bay-Friendly Rated.
Shasta Hills Fire Station
3000 Shasta Rd, Berkeley, CA
4,500 sq ft
Grounds Open To Public?
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape Score
Bay-Friendly Landscape Highlights
- 100% native drought tolerant plant palette
- Use of gravel paving to accommodate stormwater infiltration
- Preserved a giant sequoia as well as several other designated trees on site
- No lawns or sheared hedges
- 100% of plant debris generated through construction was recycled or reused on site as mulch
- Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape recognized as innovation credits on LEED scorecard