Holland Park is a 1.75 acre urban park featuring a playground, amphitheater, skatepark, restroom and picnic areas. This park targets underserved areas of Alameda County and creates a vital link between East 14th Avenue and the adjacent Edendale Middle School and Ashland Youth Center.
Jack Holland Sr Park
16301 East 14th Street, San Leandro CA
HARD, Parks Department
Bay Friendly Rater
74,463 sq ft
Grounds Open To Public?
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape Score
Bay-Friendly Landscape Highlights
- Easily accessible area dedicated to the collection and storage of materials for recycling
- Boulders and large native shrubs and trees create habitat
- Recycled flyash displaces 25% of Portland cement in the site concrete
- Site lighting does not cast direct beam illumination onto adjacent properties right of way
- 68% Native plants were installed
- 100% of average annual stormwater runoff is captured and filtered within the landscape
- Educational signage educates the public on Bay-Friendly Features