RRM Design Group worked with residents of the neighborhood, the Hayward Area Recreation District, and the Bay Friendly Coalition on the Greenwood Park renovation in the Mount Eden Neighborhood of Hayward. The expanded park includes preservation of mature trees, two basketball courts, a skate plaza, large playground environment, restroom, picnic structures and a pedestrian loop.
Eden Avenue & Middle Lane, Hayward CA
Hayward Area Recreation and Park District
Bay Friendly Rater
156,980 sq ft
Grounds Open To Public?
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape Score
Bay-Friendly Landscape Highlights
- Sheet mulching for weed control
- 100% diversion of demolition waste
- LED energy efficient park lighting
- 90% low water use planting
- Saves 917,405 gallons of water per year and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by up to 203.27 tons of CO2E over the life of the project