The project landscape improvements include a community gathering space, 2 play areas with play equipment, hard court play areas, entry plaza, parking and landscaping with irrigation surrounding the newly constructed Recreation Center.
Golden Gate Recreation Center
1075 62ND STREET, Oakland CA
CITY OF OAKLAND
Bay Friendly Rater
33,671 sq ft
Grounds Open To Public?
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape Score
Bay-Friendly Landscape Highlights
- Bioswales to capture runoff from the building, parking, and hardscape
- large granite boulders for informal seating around the central play area.
- The entry plaza is comprised of 25% flyash integral colored landscape concrete
- The building exterior lighting includes all LED light fixtures.
- Saves 86,669 gallons of water per year and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by between 5.41 – 14.03 tons of CO2e over the life of the project