Alvarado medians are located in Union City along a major thoroughfare. The roadway comprises 6 lanes of traffic and the project will renovate almost 10,000 square feet of landscaping.
Alvarado Boulevard Medians
Alvarado Blvd from Dyer Street to Lake Arrowhead Ave, Union City, CA
Landscape Architecture Team
Robert Mowat Associates
Bay Friendly Rater
9,552 sq ft
Grounds Open To Public?
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape Score
Bay-Friendly Landscape Highlights
- 100% of construction, demolition and land clearing waste were diverted from the landfill.
- 100% of the plants are climate adapted CA native or Mediterranean plants
- No spray irrigation. Reclaimed water used for irrigation
- Sheet mulch is specified for weed control and no synthetic chemical pre-emergents were used
- 100% of materials by cost are produced within 150 miles of the project site