Green Gardener Training: Module 2 – Sacramento
March 1, 2018, 6:00pm - 8:30pm
March 8, 2018, 6:00pm - 8:30pm
March 10, 2018, 9:00am - 11:30am
Green Gardener Training for Landscape Professionals – Sacramento
Module #2 Irrigation: Not a Dry Subject
How to achieve landscape water efficiency through proper system design, components,
scheduling, check-ups and maintenance.
Thursdays, March 1 and 8, 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm – Location TBD
Saturday, March 10, 9 am – 11:30 am – Roseville Cemetery
$55 – EcoLandscape Members
$65 – EcoLandscape Non-Members
In this three-part course, you will learn:
• The necessity of water conservation in CA
• The art and science of hydrozoning
• How to measure and monitor actual water use
• Key components of an efficient irrigation system
• How to assess and improve existing systems
• Choosing the right irrigation method for the situation
• The math you need to know for efficient irrigation
• Why and how to do a sprinkler audit
• What is evapotranspiration, and why it matters
• The interrelationship of soil, water and plants
• How to use WUCOLS water-use values
• Tools and tips for proper irrigation scheduling
Hands-on Day, Saturday, March 10 (Roseville Cemetery):
- Participate in drip and sprinkler demonstrations,
- irrigation assessment, troubleshooting, component
- repair, and other key irrigation activities.
The Green Gardener Training Program is offered in THREE, 3-CLASS MODULES.
The modules may be taken as stand-alone courses;
however, participants must register and complete all three modules to become a Qualified Green Gardener and the opportunity to become an EcoLandscaper™ and be advertised on the Professional Referral List.
Questions? Email teresa@ReScapeCa.org