Doyle Hollis Park in Emeryville converts former warehouse and asphalt parking lot into a beautiful neighborhood park for play, relaxation and exercise, located along a city bike path.
Doyle Hollis Park
62nd and Hollis, Emeryville, CA
56,000 square feet
Grounds Open To Public?
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape Score
Bay-Friendly Landscape Highlights
- Site furniture and rubber playground surface are made with recycled content materials.
- Nearly 100% of all construction and demolition debris was diverted from landfills including asphalt, concrete and landscape debris.
- Dual-pipe irrigation system is capable of delivering reclaimed and potable water
- 33% of the paved areas will be shaded by trees within 15 years
- 85% of average annual stormwater runoff is treated on site in rainwater gardens
- Innovation credits earned for use of “silva cells” that provide more soil for and rooting area for street trees.